Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Wee Bit O' Green...

When I was in school, St. Patrick's Day was always a pain. Literally. At Lincoln Elementary, St. Patrick's Day meant pinching if one was not wearing o' the green. Since no one in my household took this holiday seriously or even remembered it at all, I was pinched relentlessly. I vowed my children would never have to go through the pain that I endured, and every year I make sure those kids are wearing green when they walk out the door on March 17th. So, to start the morning off right, we had shamrock pancakes. Some green food coloring and a heart-shaped cookie cutter did the trick: Then, using felt, a clippy and a little stick-on bling, I made the Lovely L a shamrock clippy.


For Bitty B, I took two green headbands (bought years ago from the $1 bin at Target), removed the headband part and made them into piggy tail holders.

I also made a ruffle out of green ribbon on the sewing machine, drew a shamrock on some green felt and hot glued the ribbon onto the felt. I was going to sew the shamrock onto one of Bitty's shirts, but I got lazy and hot glued it on there.
I'm not too satisfied with the shirt; I want the ribbon to be more shamrock shaped. But the most important thing has been accomplished. The girls will not be getting pinched this St. Patrick's Day!


I'm linking up to A Glimpse Inside - go check out her site for more great ideas!
Catch a Glimpse Button





1 awesome thoughts:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like they were all prepared and looked adorable too! Fun breakfast as well! Thanks so much for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party! Always nice to see a new face! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...