Tuesday, March 8, 2011

When Life Gives You Snow...

That's right. We are expected to get another 3-6" here in the Frozen North. But being the eternal optimist that I am, I plan to make something good out of it. In this case, I plan to make... Snow Cream. What is snow cream, you ask? Ice cream. Made from snow. Pretty simple, right? In fact, it is. Well, it is if you happen to have a foot of snow still sitting in your yard that refuses to melt no matter how long the sun shines on it... But I digress. I wrangled Bitty B to be my assistant for this project, which in truth wasn't too hard once I explained what we were going to make. To start, we opened the back door and looked out onto a glorious expanse* of snow-covered yard. (*that's sarcasm, people) We scooped 4 cups of snow right off our back patio and brought it inside. At this point we realized we needed to move quickly; as soon as we brought the snow in, it started to melt. We measured out 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of milk and dumped them into our snow. Bitty B stirred and after a minute, noted that, 'mom, this looks like pee snow'. It did. I assured her that I thought it would still taste good and that no aminals had been near our back porch. After I gave the snow a good stir all we had left to do was taste the stuff. Uhhhh.... yeah. It was awesome. I have to admit to being a little in shock that this worked and turned out quite yummy. That said, this stuff melted insanely quick. I ended up adding another two cups of snow just to make it less soupy. Once Bitty B and the Lovely L had their share, we put the lid on our container and set it back outside to chill. Get it??? Chill? I crack me up. Later when T Bub got home, he added four more cups of snow to what we already had mixed up and ate it. Yep, he's a growing boy.
Snow Cream

4 or more cups snow

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup milk

1 cup sugar

1 awesome thoughts:

ElphiaDesigns said... Best Blogger Tips

What the what?! You really did this...the pictures are here. Who told you to do this? Did you make this up? I don't know how to feel about this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...