Monday, August 22, 2011

How To Describe…

How do I feel right now?

*Giddy*

*Nervous*

*Amazed*

*Thankful*

Holy good golly, I can’t believe what I’m doing.  Looking around, I don’t feel like I belong, but I know I do.  Still, these kids look half my age…

Okay, I’m not quite that old, but…

At (mumble, mumble) years old, I am {again} sitting in a classroom.  Yep.  As a student.  I can’t quite believe it myself, and I feel amazingly blessed that I have this opportunity. 

That’s not to say it doesn’t feel weird.   I feel way too old for these kids, this classroom, this environment.  I was done and done with this place… school. 

So then why does it feel so right?  Why do I feel like this is where I’m supposed to be right now, and what I’m supposed to be doing

Truthfully… this is the first time I didn’t let outside influences choose for me. 

But you’re really good with kids, you’re supposed to be a teacher or do work with children…  You really love all that medical stuff, it really comes easily to you, you’re supposed to do something in that field, why don’t you use your EMT training…

Nope.  I won’t be pursuing any of those things.  I’m taking a complete leap of faith.  I am, after all… Fearless.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...