Tuesday, September 20, 2011

DIY Photo Magnets…

I was cleaning off the side of my fridge recently when I noticed this:
 
156
 
It's the photo magnet I ordered when Lovely L was in soccer.  Then I noticed all of these:
 
DIY Photo Magnet
 
This is my fridge magnet graveyard.  If a magnet had an epitaph, it would read something like this:
 
Here lies Fred G. Magnet
1990 – 2011
He was once a useful member of the fridge community,
now he lies useless, untouched
because his owners
no longer needed him
FIN
 
Many of these magnets were from when we lived in Arizona, and a few were just outdated (MN Twins 2009 season schedule?  Yeah, I don’t think we need that anymore). 
I had thrown a bunch away when I was suddenly struck with a fantastic idea:  What if I attached the kids school pictures to the old magnets?  Then when I send out the pictures, they're already set to attach themselves to the recipients fridge! 
 
Genius, no?
 
All I did, was… ready?
 
Glue the picture on with a little bit of Elmer’s rubber cement, center the photo and trim off the edges! 
 
 
062
 
 
Uh.. sorry for the blurry picture, but while getting ready to take it, I read what’s written on the side of the pencil.  Go ahead, read it… I’ll wait.
 
BEEF!  It’s what’s for dinner, baby!  For whatever reason, that struck me as funny and I couldn’t hold my camera steady. 
 
ANYWAY…
 
Here’s how it turned out:
 
065
 
I once again apologize, but this time I have no excuse for the lousy photo.  Well, except that I’m too lazy to leave the basement and retake the picture, of course.
 
The picture above is a 3 1/2 X 5, but I also found that I could fit two wallet sized photos onto one magnet as well.  I hope my relatives aren’t reading, or it’s going to ruin the surprise for them…
 
And, if you’re here visiting from SITS today, welcome and I hope you stay awhile and enjoy more of my ridiculousness!
 
 

 

 

Linked up with:

Elphia Designs  *  A Glimpse Inside * Home Stories A to Z * ChildMadeLolly Jane  *  Flamingo Toes

Tip Junkie handmade projects

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...