Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First Communion / Graduation Gift...

I usually have a million ideas crashing around my cranium, and it's generally pretty hard to grab on to just one. And right now I have an overwhelming desire to say 'one meeellion dollars'. But I won't. Because I already wrote this post once today and it disappeared into the ether, so I'm focused. Like a laser...

I needed a First Communion gift, and this time my brain came through; I knew exactly what I wanted to do. And so off to The Dollar Store I went in search of a picture frame with two picture openings. They had just what I was looking for:




But I have to tell you, I was snort giggling when I found these. Who needs a picture frame with a mirror? So you can look at yourself and look at yourself? Okaaay... if you need that kind of self affirmation, then I'm all for it.

The black frame was for a boy, so I left it alone and set my sights on the yellow one. Two coats of blue later and this is what I had:



I used scraps of fabric and felt for the rosettes and blue twirly thingy and just hot glue gunned them on there. Then I took the mirror out. I headed over to Scrapblog and created a little personalized First Communion thing and put it all together.



That's Lovely L in the frame; I was going to print out T Bub's First Communion picture to put in the boy frame, but I was running out of ink.



After I was finished, I realized these could be used for almost any type of occasion. How about graduations?



1994?!? Okay... in the interest of allowing me to preserve my own delusions, let's not add up just how long ago that was ; )





Linked up here for more awesome craftiness!


Transformation ThursdayTip Junkie handmade projects

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...