Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Picture This...

There’s a walkway from the front door into the rest of my house that was just kinda blah. I put some pictures up on the main blank wall, but it still didn’t do it for me. I wanted more.


Then, while looking for ideas to work into T Bub’s room, I saw this at Thrifty Decor Chick .



I knew right where I wanted it to go. Nice!



Lemme tell you, this was my first time working with a miter box and the results were… less than spectacular. Cutting that moulding out was not an easy task. But that’s a story for another time, people.


Today I’m going to show you how I took three cabinet knobs from the Home Depot (Three knobs for three bucks. It was like shopping at the Dollar Store!) and turned them into picture hangy knob thingys. Geez, there’s gotta be a better name than that. ; )


If you have a toddler, this is where you can start singing Special Agent Oso’s ‘Three special steps’. Because it’s stuck in my head, I thought I’d share with you and now you’ll be singing it too. You’re welcome.


Step one: Turn the knob upside down and using epoxy or a glue gun, squeeze glue into the opening where the screw would go.


Step two: Place the head end of the screw in the glue. Make sure the screw is in there straight before the glue hardens.


Step three: Let dry. Now you can just screw your knob into the wall. I used the glue gun to attach the ribbon to the back of the picture frame and simply hung up the pictures.


For stability and safety when hanging bigger or heavier frames, I would hang them the traditional way first, then add the knobs and ribbon (so the frame isn't really hanging from the knobs).



How easy was that? Those knobs can be found just about anywhere, so pick out some that match your décor and go to town!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...