Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Barbecue Safety…

Here I was, surfing the Internets looking for lovely ideas for my back patio, when I came across the most horrific, terrifying picture that I have ever seen. 

Alright, I take that back as I might have been exaggerating a bit.  It is certainly the second most horrifying picture I have ever seen though.  And I immediately thought of the safety of you, my readers. 

With the upcoming Fourth of July holiday coming up, many holiday revelers will be hosting fabulous barbecues in their backyard.  And among your guests might be someone you know… maybe you’ve known them for a long time…

But did you know… that in the comfy confines of their own yard this person…

This person… is willing to do this (for the squeamish, please avert your eyes now):

 

 

 

Dolomedes_tenebrosus2-1

{WHAT PERSON IN THEIR RIGHT MIND TOOK THIS PICTURE?!?  AND WHO IS THE PERSON HOLDING THAT SPIDER?!?} 

I assume this photo was taken right before the spider performed a super-tastic death leap at the person holding it and then ate them.  Because it’s that big.

*I am also assuming that everyone else is afraid of giant, hairy wolf spiders.  And also of people that are willing to hold giant, hairy wolf spiders. 

So, in the interest of safety, I think you should screen all your future barbecue guests just to be sure that none of them are secret Spider-Holders.  Spider-Holders that are willing to compromise your family’s right to a safe and spider-free backyard get together.

I apologize in advance for the creepy crawly feeling you will probably have for the rest of the day… 

*If you really want to see the source of that picture, then click on it.  I dare you… ; )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...