Thursday, July 7, 2011

Jamaican Smile…

Way back in 2007, MC and I were able to spend a week in Jamaica.  It was, easily, the best week of my life.*

*I have had several best days of my life, including, but not limited to, marrying MC and having each of my children.

Day One in Jamaica was tough.  It was scary to realize that I was so far away from the kids.  By Day Three, I don’t think I remembered I had ever had children and wanted to live forever on the beach. 

IMG_2069

{MC chillin’ on our balcony in Montego Bay, Jamaica}

The real world slipped away as MC and I spent our days relaxing on beautiful white sand beaches, roaming the Jamaican countryside and eating everything in sight.  I couldn’t foresee a time that I would ever part from my new best friend, the French Fry / Drink Hut:

IMG_2208

{I <3 you, French Fry Hut…}

It was while we were on the Rum Boat Cruise To Margaritaville that we picked up a CD full of reggae from a local.  Whenever we need to chill we crank it up, sit back, and let Bob Marley and the Wailers take us back (As I write this, I have Shaggy playing in the background : ).

My thanks goes out to Maggie at Gussy Sews for inspiring me (once again) by picking an awesome prompt in ‘Pamper Yourself’.  Getting to relive a week being pampered with MC in Jamaica made me feel all happy and fuzzy inside. 

Yes, I know I just entered into the Too Much Information zone.  Deal with it. ; )

012_12

{Did you know Jamaica has rainforests?!?}

What things do you need to feel pampered? 

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...